Information for Clients

For volunteers to complete your income tax and benefit return for you, make sure you have your

  • tax information slips
  • receipts
  • social insurance number
  • proof of identity

Bring the following if applicable as well:

  • T4 and T5 slips and any other income information
  • Childcare expenses (if applicable)
  •  Donations (if any)
  • Unreimbursed medical expenses (if any)
  •  RRSP contribution slips
  • Professional membership dues/fees
  • Tuition and any post-secondary/professional education costs

Tax information slips are prepared by your employer, payer, or an administrator. You should have received most of your slips and receipts by the end of February. If you have not received them or have lost or misplaced a slip for the current year, ask for a copy from your employer or the issuer of the slip.

If you need a slip for an earlier year, you may be able to get a copy through My Account or by speaking to one of our agents at 1-800-959-8281.

You can also visit Service Canada to get electronic versions of your current and previous tax slips for old age security (OAS), employment insurance (EI), and the Canada pension plan (CPP).

Leave a Reply